Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Look What I Can Do!

Well, I thought it was time for a major update on how my not-so-baby boys have been doing lately :}

Let me just start by saying, to all of you who warned me, "You'll never sleep again": Go ahead and gloat all you want...yep, you told me so!!  I'm so tired!  Whine, whine, whine!  Jude is still waking up about 3 times a night.  He did so good when he was first born, sleeping about 4-6 hours at a time, that I thought this was going to be a breeze!  I'm not sure what happened, but now he's up about every 2-4 hours :{  He still sleeps the best in his swing.  I'm going to have to check the weight limit on that thing because I'm planning on using it until it can't support him anymore!  Even if his legs start to hang over (they're at the edge now!). 

Speaking of sleep, on the night of May 13, Cameron slept in his big boy toddler bed.  He had been sleeping in his little pack n' play, as most of you know, but he was outgrowing it!  So I went ahead and bit the bullet and got him a bed.  The first night he woke up three times, two times the second night, and once on the third night.  Out of those times, he only fell out twice!  One night when I went to check on him he was on the floor.  I asked him if he fell out of bed and he nodded his head and said, "Mmm," which is his version of "yes."  It was pitiful and kind of funny/cute at the same time.  Poor baby :/  He's been doing great so far, but last nigh he woke up once...not sure why.  But other than the few minor mishaps, I think he really likes it :}

Here are some pictures of his new bed, the rest of his room, and Jude's nursery:

Super awesome blanket courtesy of some lovely Ft. Bliss friends

Why yes, those are Yellow Submarine figurines on the wall :}
 
 
 



Anyway, I also wanted to list all of their accomplishment.  It's a long list, so I understand if you don't want to read all of it. I just wanted to write everything down for posterity, and for Josh to see what was going on.

Cameron- 19 months:

Words/pronunciation:

Cheese
Pasta- papa
No no
Hat- ha
Blue- boo
Mama
Dada- Na na
Water- ba ba
Apple- bapa
Tea (a word all good Southern boys should know :} )
Teeth- teesh
More- mo
Eye- ah
Ear- ee
Bye bye
Night night- nah nah
Uh oh- it was huh ho, now it's uh-OH
Gone gone- ga ga
Ball- ba
Football- butt-ba (lol!)
Hello- hey-o
Bubble
Brother- bwuh-ba :}
Soap- bubble (it works!)
Bee- dee (the dee says dzzzzz!)
Moo- boo
Neigh- mmmhmmhmm (like a horse)
Meow- now
Chicken- bock bock!
Lion- aaaaahhh!
Owl- hoo hoo
Woof woof- ah ah! (and he can pant like a dog, too)
Oatmeal- no-new
Moon
Girl- gul
Hey (always includes a little wave :} )
Shoe- ew
Sock- ock
Love you- buh boo (my favorite!)

He can identify/point to:

Hair
Head
Ear
Eye
Eyebrow
Nose
Chin
Teeth
Tongue
Toes
Fingers
Bellybutton
Hands
Feet
Knees
Arms
Butterflies
Ladybugs
Stars
Trucks
Most animals

He can:

Blow kisses
Wave
High five
Fist bump
Hug
Kiss
Run
Jump
Scribble
Eat with a spoon and fork
Drink from a real cup, not a sippy

Loves to:
Play outside
Hug, kiss, and hold Brother
Blow bubbles
Dance
Eat snacks!
Watch Mama get ready (especially put on makeup!)
Watch Blues Clues and Yo Gabba Gabba is a close second

Jude- 4 months:

He can:

Laugh and smile
Roll from tummy to back
Roll onto his side
Hold toys
Turns to face a noise
Babbles (constantly!)
Sit up by himself (although he's still a little wobbly)
Likes to:

Stand up
Bounce
Be held
Sit in Mama's baby sling/carrier
Play in his Exer-saucer

Doesn't like:

The carseat :{
Being ignored

Has tried:

Baby oatmeal
Bananas


I can't believe all the stuff they can do!  And everyday they learn more :}  Love these boys!

And I'll leave you with some recent pics of us:

Parent appreciation at Cam's daycare- He made me a flower pot :}
 

Me and the little guy at my cousin's wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment