Thursday, August 9, 2012

"It's OK" Thursday

So, (I think I start most of my posts with "so"...) as I'm getting a bit more involved in the blogging world- the blogs I follow now include more than just my friends' blogs- I've noticed this "It's OK" Thursday trend.  Every Thursday you sit down and write a list of things that are bothering you, but you use that time to take a breath, relax and say, "But it's ok."  I like this idea.  Once, several years ago when I was visiting my mom at the elementary school where she teaches, I saw a teacher in the hallway with one of her little students who was crying.  I overheard her tell him, "Just say to yourself, 'It's no big deal, it's no big deal.'"  I have no idea why he was crying or what the situation was, but I thought, ya know, that's good advice because, usually, it's not a big deal!  So ever since, I've tried to remind myself of that little phrase when I'm about to have a panic attack...it doesn't always work of course!  But I think it's a good little mantra.  Anyway, here's my list for this week:

It's OK...

that I have to clean up my kitchen again today after spending hours cleaning it yesterday, because I had some awesome friends over last night and had such a great time eating, chatting and laughing.

that we ran out of overnight diapers for Cameron and now have to go run an errand to get more, because I know it will help him sleep better (and it's a good excuse to go to Starbucks :} ).

that I've been a single mom for the past two weeks and still have two to go, because, well this one is hard!  But it's really helped me appreciate how much Josh does when he's home!

that Josh won't be back for another two weeks, because I still have a lot of cleaning to do! (well, I'd rather have him home, but since he has to be gone, he might as well come back to a clean house)

that Cam has been waking up three times every night, because it's the second trimester and that means that "it's ok" to have coffee in the morning! (although a full night's sleep is always preferable)

that I haven't worked on my diaper bag since Sunday night, because some friends are coming over tomorrow to work on our crafty things :}

to just sit, relax, blog and enjoy the quiet while Cam is asleep instead of trying to get a million things done.


Well, I think that's all for now...whew!  Being optimistic is hard...



On another note...Happy Birthday Mom!!!  :}  I hope you enjoy our favorite Italian place tonight...have fun! (that was only slightly sarcastic).  Love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment