Monday, July 23, 2012

Projects, Purging, and Party Planning

Yes, I enjoy the occasional alliterative phrase...sorry :/  But these three things just happen to be my big plans for August.  I'm gonna have 5 whole weeks of just hangin' out with my favorite little munchkin.  The Hubs is leaving at the end of this week to go on a training exercise with his Brigade...it's essentially a practice deployment (only much, much shorter than the real thing, obviously!)  It's kind of a practice for me too; I'm pretty nervous. This will be the longest we've ever been apart.  But I started thinking about all the stuff I have to do to get ready for the next 3 months (I'm moving home in November).  On one hand, the deployment still seems like a while away, but on the other, it feels like time is slipping away pretty quickly. Anyway, I have a pretty big list, and I think it will keep me busy and help keep my mind off of Josh being gone, a little. 

One thing I'll be doing is going through all of our stuff.  We're planning on having a yard sale, probably sometime in October.  We're putting most of our things in storage while I'm in Georgia, and I want to get rid of a much as possible so we have less to move...so it's time to tackle the closets, drawers, and the catch-all table in our office.  This is probably the task I'm looking forward to the least, but I know I'll be glad I did it.

Next, I'm going to be planning a certain little boy's 1st birthday party!  I'm super excited about this!  Josh and I started brainstorming ideas this past weekend and came up with some great stuff. I think it's gonna be an awesome party...but I'm not giving away any spoilers :}

Finally, I have several sewing projects in the works.  The first is an easy pot holder...I had to read the directions about 18 times and finally had to ask my friend Kristy if I could see a picture of some she made so I could figure out how to make them!  I'm a visual learner.  But yesterday it clicked! I figured it out and I'm pretty proud of myself.  I think they're going to be really fun to make...and uper easy now that it makes sense!  I'll post pictures of mine when they're finished, but here's how Kristy's turned out:



I'm also planning on making the new baby a flannel blanket (we don't have any names for "new baby" yet...we'll let you know!).  I'm using a pattern from Do It Yourself Divas. I'm hoping it will turn out as cute as this:



And my most ambitious project is an ACU diaper bag made out of one of Josh's old uniforms.  I couldn't find an example of an ACU bag that I liked, so here's the pattern I'm going to base it on from Sew, Mama, Sew :



Oh yeah...and there's the Olympics! Go Team USA (and have fun in London...I'm only slightly jealous)!

Wish me luck!!

P.S. Happy 10 months to my sweet boy :}

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love Sew, Mama, Sew but I also love this woman's blog and she has an ACU bag tutorial and tons of other bags. I hope this helps.

    http://sewlikemymom.com/military-uniform-tote/

    ReplyDelete