Monday, July 30, 2012

Baby Post- Week 16

Well, today marks week 16 of this pregnancy.  I feel bad because I haven't been keeping a weekly journal like I did with Cameron.  It's honestly been hard to think about doing- first, because Cam keeps me pretty busy, and second, because I guess I'm still kind of wary of "putting the cart before the horse," for lack of a better phrase.  I haven't even taken a pregnancy picture and it's month 4!  I don't think it's fair to the baby for me to be so afraid of something bad happening that I just brush this pregnancy aside and not have any record of it.  So, I've decided to start blogging once a week about the baby.  I know everyone has been inundated with pregnancy/baby pictures and announcements...it's just that time in our lives I guess (not too long ago everyone was getting married!)...but this is more for me and Josh and our kids.  In no way is anyone obligated to read my baby posts (unless you want to continue being friends...kidding!!). 


Here's a recap of the past 3 months:

How I've been feeling-


It hasn't been pretty :/  The sickness started around 6 weeks, and it's just been the past 4 days or so that I've been feeling better.  I finally feel like I can do more than just lay around all day (which is pretty difficult with a 10 month old...but I managed pretty well).  Even thought it wasn't terrible, I hope the worst is over!

My mood-



Yep, pretty much.  I've been in some of the worst moods ever...just ask Josh.  Actually, don't bring it up...I'm lucky he still loves me and talking about it too much might make him start to question his judgement. 

Cravings-
Sometime during the first couple of weeks I woke up thinking about a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich.  Josh had to go to the store to get bacon.  Soon after that, it was Red Lobster biscuits...but when do you not crave them- pregnant or not?!  Then, I didn't really want to eat anything for the next couple months.  I'd make dinner, which sounded ok when I started cooking, but then it just didn't look or smell appetizing at all.  I actually lost about 5 pounds during this time.  The only thing that sounded decent was salad...and I couldn't even think about the word "chicken." Ugh.  My appetite has come back some, but still not where it was with Cam when I wanted to eat anything and everything!  I have been wanting sushi a good bit, but I have to be careful which kind I get...I only get cooked salmon, crab, or shrimp, which is totally fine- I just can't have too much seafood.  I've also been eating a lot of BLTs with ranch. Yum!  Right at this minute, fried pickles sound really good.

Size-
It is very true that you get bigger faster after you've had a baby!  I think it's just  because I hadn't lost all of the baby weight.  Ha!  Oh well...but, I've been wearing maternity clothes since about 8 weeks maybe. I'll try to put up a picture for the post next week.

What we've been doing-
Not much.  We've just been trying to relax and spend time as a family as much as we can since Josh is going to be gone so much.  We've been watching a lot of TV: Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, America's Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance are our can't miss shows.  Cam has also started doing some fun things.  He can wave bye-bye and give a high five!  He definitely keeps us busy and entertained :}  And since Josh has been gone, I've been organizing, cleaning, and crafting.  He's been gone for 4 days out of around 30...can't wait til the end of the month!

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now...thanks for reading.  I'll leave you with this:


The caption on this one said, "What's pregnant about this picture?"




I think we'll do a nice family picture like this one...except my shirt will be down.  The bare belly is just too awkward.


*Last 3 pictures are from awkwardfamilyphotos.com

1 comment:

  1. LOL All of those pictures are awkward. And hilarious. Yes. Please let those line your mantle.

    ReplyDelete